For our younger, aspiring swimmers, we offer the Junior Piranhas swim program.
This program is intended for swimmers who cannot yet swim a full length of our 25-meter pool but can be reasonably expected to do so by the end of the season.
Below are a few details about the program:
- Junior Piranhas is a fabulous program where our little swimmers are motivated with fun, engaging, and challenging activities that will develop basic swimming skills and build a swimmer’s confidence in the pool.
- Specifics regarding the program:
- The cost is $175 per swimmer.
- Swim sessions will be individualized, 1-2 swimmers per instructor, weekdays (M-F) during the month of June.
- Instructors will notify parents of assigned swim practice times.
- There is a preferential registration for Preserve families. Non-resident families may be placed on a wait list.
- Swimmers must be 4 or 5 years old to participate (exceptions may be made for children who are 3 years and are comfortable in the pool, with prior approval from the coach).
- Swimmers must have previous swim class exposure and be comfortable in the pool (i.e., this is not a Water Babies or Parent/Child Introduction to Swimming)
- Swimmers must have a basic understanding of water/pool safety.
- A parent or guardian must be present at each practice and provide supervision of their swimmer (e.g., ensuring that their swimmer is following the pool safety rules, following the coaches’ instructions, etc.).
- Swimmers must be able to stay in the pool during the practice and actively participate.
- Goals for the swim season:
- Build a swimmer’s confidence in the pool.
- Develop underwater skills (e.g., blowing bubbles and learning to hold their breath underwater).
- Learn appropriate arm and leg movements for both freestyle and backstroke, (with assistance, as needed).
- For more advanced swimmers, swim one length of the pool (coach assisted).
- While not required, we highly encourage all Junior Piranhas to participate in the “Minnow Race” during our home meets and swim one length of the pool (coach assisted). This is a great opportunity for the swimmers to get recognized for their hard work!!!
- Develop swimming skills and work towards joining the Piranhas swim team!
Thank you for your interest in our Junior Piranhas program!
Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us.