2023 Piranhas Practice Schedule
May 22nd through June 2nd:
- Afternoon practices begin May 22:
- Ages 8 and under, Mon-Fri, 4:30p-5:30p
- Ages 9 and up, Mon-Fri, 5:30p-6:30p
Don't miss our kickoff celebration at May 22nd practice (Kona Ice Truck will arrive around 5:15p; Junior Piranhas welcome!).
Junior Piranhas program begins week of June 5th!
June 5th through July 8:
- Morning practices begin June 5th:
- Ages 13-18, Mon-Fri, 7:30a-8:45a
- Ages 11-12, Mon-Fri, 8:50a-9:50a
- Ages 9-10, Mon-Fri, 8:50a-9:50a
- Ages 7-8, Mon-Fri, 9:55a-10:55a
- Ages 6 and Under, Mon-Fri, 9:55a-10:35a
- Junior Piranhas, Mon-Thurs, times will be assigned between 9a and 11a
Prelims Week> July 10th-14th:
- One prelim meet per age group, held at various pools (see meet schedule below; four prelim meets total, Mon-Thurs; rain date Fri).
- Practices will be held during prelims week for those swimmers competing in prelims/finals.
- Piranhas swimmers must swim in at least two regular season (dual/tri) meets to be eligible to participate in prelims meets, per league rule.
- Championship Finals Meet (top 16 swimmers + alternate in each prelims event qualify to compete at Finals meet)
2023 Championship Meet Schedule
|Prelim 13-18||July 10, 2023||Homestead Farm II Pool|
|Prelim 8&U||July 11, 2023||Stonegate Pool|
|Prelim 9-10||July 12, 2023||Homestead Pool|
|Prelim 11-12||July 13, 2023||Heritage Greens Pool|
|Finals||July 15, 2023||Cherry Creek Vista Pool|
For practices, swimmers should bring a water bottle, goggles and fins (and sunscreen!) - fins required for ages 9 and up.
- Click here for information about our Stroke Clinics
Practice Cancellation Policy (Due to Weather):
In the event the air temperature is 50-55 degrees and the water temperature is above 75 degrees, we will run practice with a skeleton coaching staff and participation by swimmers is optional. If the air temperature is below 50 degrees, practice will be canceled. Practice times may be delayed or interrupted in the event of lightning and/or thunder.